Please make sure you have read the Round 6 Intro Comic before continuing on with the Journal!
Trapped in a cold, dark tunnel, with the only way out being through a gauntlet run of the most ridiculous yet deadly traps, one could forgive the competitors and their team leaders for not quite believing just what had happened to them.
Taking a moment to collect themselves, the Leaders turned and addressed their teams."Welcome to Round Six, everyone! The part where the bad guy tries to kill us!!"
"Everyone, I regret to inform you all that this investigation is a trap."
A trap?! But how?! Who had this much foresight to build such a ridiculous thing before the snow came? Was the other team okay? Surely both teams hadn't fallen prey to such a ruse? And what was this about a 'Bad Guy'? How much do these leaders know? What haven't they told us?!?!"Look, I get it - You're nervous, maybe even scared, and I've just dropped a bombshell on you to top it off. Truth be told, I've had my suspicions for some time as to who's been behind the 'Freezeover,' I just didn't exactly have any proof until now."
"That said, this 'gauntlet', as it were, looks like it's designed to give us some false hope at making our way through, only to fall victim to it. Having valid evidence is no good if we can't get out in time to do anything with it."
"Now I don't know about you, but I absolutely refuse to be beaten here. I didn't come back from all that bulls#!7 last year just to trip up now. We're not only going to make it through these traps, we're going to get out of here and stop this freezeover once and for all!"
"No doubt my counterpart is giving a lofty speech in her tunnel, and while I'm not one for those myself, I will say this: Those with no regard for the lives of others, and who would take the world for themselves, don't deserve to be a part of it. We are going to get out of here and ensure justice is delivered."
With their hearts stirred by their Leader's unwavering confidence, everyone knew what had to be done. It was do or die, and they weren't about to just lay down and give up!
Story TaskYour challenge in Round Six is to escape the Gauntlet with your team!
Being that this is a Team Effort
story-wise, you MUST feature at least ONE (preferably two!) group shot of your team plus leaders at some point in the story!Story Notes:
- Wandering off to do your own thing is NOT allowed. You're all in this together!
- Injuries are possible, but please try not to kill yourselves - Those who pass will be required to get back into action immediately, so avoid losing limbs!
(Competitor Rex will not be penalised for missing one limb already, but is not advised to lose any more!)
- While we love to see when artists synch entries, it is not mandatory and will not affect your score if your work is different from someone else's.
- The traps within the tunnels are left to your imagination! Think ridiculous cartoony stuff, or the kinda' things platformer games (such as the first couple of Crash Bandicoot games!) like to pull on the unwary!
Artistic ChallengeYour Final Art Challenge in the BFCC is to use a selection of pre-determined Poses!
Featured here is a selection of 70 poses
, all of which have been used in the Pokémon Anime at some point in the series! You may recognise some, and then again, you may not. Your challenge in R6 is to incorporate a minimum of TEN
of these poses into your entry!Pose Challenge Notes:
- Please make sure you have listed the poses used in the Artist's Comments section of your submissions! All the poses have been given a reference tag for this purpose. After judging is complete and the R6 results announced, you can choose to remove the reference tags from your AC if you wish.
- They were drawn as neutral as possible in body shape/size, but of course, you can adapt the shape/size to fit your characters.
- They can be altered to suit a slightly different perspective/head direction/hand posture/etc, but must remain about 75% true to the pose sketch. In other words, we need to be able to recognise the pose during judging.
- The poses can used in partial shots, but no more than half the body can be cut off in the shot.
- Of course, your entry does not need to be made up solely of these poses, but you cannot replace the ten required from this challenge with your own poses.
- If you need an example of how to utilise the poses/list them in the AC, please refer to pages 2 and 3 of the Intro Comic!
Round FormatFormat for Round Six is Min 3 Pages of Comic!Format Notes:
- One submission = One page. And please remember to link your pages together.
- Flash/Motion Books are allowed, but we will be comparing the work presented against your fellow competitors to gauge effort.
- As for people still a little confused as to the length of one page, one comic page (Marvel/DC sized page) averages anywhere between 5-10 Panels per page. This is not an absolute though, just a guide to give you an idea of the length. You are free to tell your story in as few or as many panels as you wish, so long as the round requirements are met.
Like in previous Rounds, we will only accept Complete R6 Entries
- That means all of your parts at once, not one at a time as you complete them. We also appreciate it when all of your parts link to one another
, because it makes judging a lot easier for us.
And as always, make sure all relevant Trainer Apps (including your own) are linked in the comments section of your entries.
R6 Will Close on Saturday November 1 at 11:59pm GMT.
Please refer to the FAQ at the bottom of this section if you have any questions.
And while that's all for the Trainers, NPCs, if you would also like to try your hand at this Round's Art Challenge, we have a story event just for you in the next section!
Round Six F. A. Q. Section
To come as required.